Wednesday 27 June 2012

Walking with nostalgia


Yesterday while going home I had decided I would write a post on my favorite actor Kunal karan kapoor but then I had to go to the VT for shopping and my mind changed. I mean Kunal is still a priority but this I just had to write this one. I had so many memories at this station during my teenage. Many of the best and most memorable journeys of my life have started from the VT station ticket counter.
As I was walking down the platform towards the ticket counter to meet my MAMA tejas it felt like AVANI was walking besides me like old time. The cute chubby version of avani(now a slim one) with a small ruck sack on her shoulder and flashing a bright smile that glittered in her eyes too on seeing me.(a slimmer version of me) We used to meet at VT station by 10.30 pm wait there for all to arrive by 11. Me and avani needed no topic to chit chat. The tight hug by which we greeted each other… I miss that. God only knows what topics we used to discuss but ya every treck had new addition of people so we used to be excited about meeting new people in today’s language new birds to watch. Hehehe ;) yesterday although I wondered did guys actually notice me then because I was a complete TOM BOY then. But who cares I had fun back then and even now when ever I go for trecks.
We used to catch a train for karjat from VT station which used to be full from VT as lots of local people commute daily from what seems far places to me like karjat and dahanu to VT for work. They still do and hats off to all those men and women for that. I cant travel like that for anything. The train got empty by dombivali and on dombivali boarded my 2nd favorite person of those days (he still is one of my favorites) TEJAS MAMA. He is younger to me but still I call him MAMA (mother’s brother) and because of me everybody calls him that.
All the while in the train commute talking to avani or taking care of her was my task. I kind of took it as my unsaid responsibility to protect her as I was the elder one. That although did create some problems for guys but as far as me and avani are together nothing matters I guess. After getting down at karjat we either spent the night at a local chai walla shop or the bus stand or if nothing else was available at the railway platform. I miss those things as now the trecks have become more of money making business with all the bus facilities and all. Playing silly card games whole night at the railway station and cheating in the game and MAMA coming to my rescue was fun. I made some strong bonds that time without even intending to do so.

Morning have the tea and breakfast and start the treck with the prayer and introductions. Introduction was the time to concentrate to know your latest crush’s name. sorrieeee ;)
The most awesome part is of course the trecks. Walking in the woods with just a group of 5 or 6 people. There are some rules of the forests which you have to follow for your safety. But singing your favorite romantic songs admiring the nature is the best way to treck. nothing can be as healing as after a week of the stressful days in the city escaping in the laps of nature along with being in the company of your favorite people.
The last part is when you reach the top of the mountain it’s the feeling of achievement that fill you along with cold chilling breeze touching your skin. Its heaven for us. I miss all of it.
AVANI, TEJAS, KEVAL, VIMAL, SHRUTI THIS ONES FOR ALL U GUYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment