Monday 30 July 2012

Once a mom forever a superwoman


Once a mom forever a superwoman!
Yesterday evening I saw my bhabhi (sister in law) teaching her both kids age group 4 yrs and 2.5 yrs together and was amazed on how she would react all excitedly saying GOOD GIRL to both d girls time and again every time they wrote something and looked up to see their mom’s face for assurance. My younger neice tried the same with me and I got tired in a couple of times repeating the comment GOOD GIRL.
2 generation's of mom's in this pic!

It was then it struck me after school time that motherhood is such a difficult and never ending task. As kids whenever we wrote an essay on MY MOM we always included the sentence that “mom gets up early morning and works till late” and also in between the whole essay we filled it with all the different tasks our mom does for us. As we grew up we became a little too occupied with our friends and other issues in life to praise our mom when she deserves being praised every day like a daily prayer.
When I saw bhabhi playing the same role even after hearing from her that she doesn’t get time for herself,  the excitement which she got on her face everytime she said GOOD GIRL amazed me. She’s the same age as me and here I am yet not even ready for the responsibility of marriage and I see my bhabhi and other cousin’s playing the role of a MOM with all its challenges and yet smiling every time their kids look upto them. Also worth mentioning I hear a lot of people saying these days that they don’t want to have kids because they believe in the saying “work harder, party harder” and kids don’t fit in this saying. But I am still old school and believe a woman’s life would never feel complete without the colors of motherhood in them. Agreed it’s a big scaring responsibilities but a fear worth facing just to feel those soft tinie miniee hands in your own and the hug u get when you reach home and they come running into your arms.
Hats off to all the mom’s and especially to my mom…
LOVE  YOU MOM!!!
P.S : A special thanks to my mom because I have been a pretty spoiled pampered kid in my childhood. Nobody else could convince me but my mom!!! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment