Friday 30 November 2012

a hunger for love

jidhar dekha duniya mei gum hi gum mile,
jab doosaro ke gum dekhe toh apne hi gum kum lage...
I dont remember the exact lines but all i wana say is that
We feel that our pain is the biggest but when we come to know about others sorrows we realise that our pains are nothing in front of them.
Why suddenly this thought?
There's a reason to it;
Today, i had an uninvited guest at my place. Being tired after a long day i was looking forward to winding up the kitchen quicky and getting a good sleep, when my mom informed me that some uncle has come.
Well it was his habit to always come without notice and always come during dinner time.
My mom having developed the indian traditions in us, we never let this uncle or anybody else leave without eating something. I remember when my dad was alive he used to treat this uncle with special treatment like a VIP and as a teen it used to piss me a lot.
He is a family aquaintance from my dad's business circle but over the period of time had developed closed friendship with dad.
The question was why this special treatment to him.?
One day in the fist of fury, i removed my frustration on mom and asked her why this special treatment to him?
Mom did not react at that time.
But the next day, when i was in a mood to listen, she told me that the uncle that came last night had been going through a troubled marriage and he shared all that pain with my dad.
His wife dint treat him properly.
constant fights were going on and most of the days she dint even make dinner at home. The days she did make dinner, exactly at the time that uncle sat to eat food she would start a fight and sometimes she would hit him too and that's the reason dad and mom always made it a point to make him have dinner at our place.
honest confession here - as a teen i always saw my mom dad as my property, like they say in hindi "mere parents pe sabse pehle and sabse zyada sirf mera n bhai ka haqk hai".
it was that day when mom told me all this, that i realized ofcourse they had their own freindships to maintain too.
i kept on thinking that if there are so many problems in his marriage why is he still with that woman?
the answer may be different for all of us.
one answer might be that the generation before us did really take those 7 pheras seriously and they really did stick to their partners in all situations come what may.
when we people cant even handle a year long relation and want to run away from it.
anyways,
today when that uncle came he was happily telling us stories of what fun he and his family had on their trip to his native place.
his family life has been much better now that his son has married and he also has a grandchild and the wife has been behaving much better too.
i was tired as hell but at the end was smiling as dad would have been really happy to see his friend like this.
missing dad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment