Sunday 27 November 2016

Stars

I have looked at the night sky a million times before,
Always gazing at or searching for; the moon,
Always ignoring you or abandoning you,
Never even gave you a thought,

Who knew?
We would meet at such a place and such a time.
In the open ground of one of the most beautiful college,
I saw you!
I saw you and i gazed at you.

For the first time in such a long time,
Noted your existence,
And in what a grandeur,
Amidst a jazz concert,
In the nostalgic feel of the british architecture,
I saw you.
I saw you and we spoke,
For the first time i guess i spoke to you, stared at you, maybe even counted a few of you.

To be honest,
I counted 9 of you,
The brightest that shone tonight.
Thank you,
Thank you for accompanying me on this beatiful night,
In this beautiful place,
In the beautiful music playing behind our conversation.
Thank you for you company.
Thank you for being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment