Wednesday 19 December 2012

Mourning aint ending but where are we heading



The title of this post is in 2 context in my life right now.
One is my own personal mourning that doesn’t seem to end since my dad died in august and the other is the Delhi rape case and all the outrage of the public.
My question still remains that WHERE ARE WE HEADING?
In my own personal journey I have had small moments of joy like this one where my blog visits crossed 2000 views last night but that isn’t making me happy at all right now. I have had quiet a lot of heart aches since August 2012 in my life and given some to others too. The guilt the anger the frustration is all any ways making me insane and the shows like Crime Patrol and Savdhaan India add up to it by making it difficult to trust people around me. I know they are issued in public interests and they might have helped someone somewhere to save their life but its still making things difficult somewhere.
To be very honest I am totally numb right now and this post may not make any sense to anybody not even to me but I need to write.
I want to know where are we heading?
Even as a teen when I got to know the meaning of rape my 1st reaction was the punishment of a rape should be to cut off the private part of a man who does that crime. Imagine the level of anger in me back then, but as time passed not only did the number of rape cases increased but the degree of inhuman or beast like nature of the rape increased more and more. Gang rapes, public rapes with the people seeing it coldly, making a girl walk with nude body throughtout the village for loving a person of other caste, openly kidnapping a girl walking on road raping her killing her and walking away these are a few incidents from the episodes of crime patrol which left me irritated.
But I cant do anything about all this!
Being a girl I just get one question –
On one hand in a city like MUMBAI we the girls of today plan and strive to make ourself an independent woman. We thrive to make our own identity and we love it when any other girl gets some recognition.
On the other hand I have an INDIA where girls are still just nothing more then a carrier of vagina. Where they are killed for being born a girl. What are we a TOY? why is it the mentality of some Indian male that if you want to humiliate a girl then rape her. Are we nothing more then a body?
Now this delhi rape case
The entire nation is angry but what are we doing for it!
Can we please do something to force the government to change the laws now atleast
And corruption!
Ya, that is the biggest reason why all this is happening.
Even though in this case it is not related but then there are cases of wealthy bastards kids commiting the same crime and getting away with it because of their contacts and money.
We need law amendments very badly and very quickly.
One major problem is that a majority of the people who commit these crimes dont have a facebook account to see our angry status updates or even the blogs we write.
But the government officials probably do!!!
So if anyone reading this post does have the authority or the method to bring about changes am asking them
Can we pls do something now.?
Otherwise the only rescues that I cant think of is keeping swords at home for our safety and the woman who work need to carry a licenced gun or fuck the licence but a loaded gun.
You may laugh at my thoughts but come to think of it and you would choose the same option for your Mother, Sister, Wife and Daughter.

7 comments:

  1. Firstly, what you are is a brave, brave girl. So hang on.

    Secondly, well said. I am certain every citizen of this country who is not a psychopath feel exactly the same sense of mind-numbing rage that you do, so know you are not alone. Being a woman must have accentuated your sense of anger, I totally understand that.

    Finally, empower yourself, because this society most certainly won't. Like I said, learn Krav Maga, carry a pistol and don't be afraid to break the balls of perverts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks H,
      Wil try taking some safety measures and you keep spreading the word of woman learning some self defence.

      Delete
  2. I never watch programs like crime petrol or stuff! They leave me feeling nauseatic. It is not that I am running from the situation. But somewhere I feel , perverted minds might also be lifting cues from such programs.

    Girls have to come out brave and be a little more alert to guard themselves. Well written!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meenakshi your rit even i put d same arguement in front of my mom tat these shows may help us be careful but at d same time even criminal minds get ideas frm them & as i had said in my story
      10 minutes of nightmare

      we need to be carefull and alert come what may.

      Delete
  3. Good post.

    As your rightly said, we need to spread the word,spread the awareness. Demand from authorities , that they do their jobs properly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dikshal,

    Indeed, you have brought some burning issues to the fore and it seems India is losing its morality to brash madness. I hope this is sorted and a path to a brighter future is paved.

    My first visit to your site. Loved it. :)

    Regards

    Jay
    My Blog | My FB Page

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks jay am glad u liked my blog and india is burning but measure are not yet been taken. just today morning i saw in news similar gang rape case in calcutta and a rape case in gujrat too.
    if all this doesnt open our governments eye's i dunno wat will and it wont be long wen an eye for an eye will be taken frm the anger in people is wat i feel.

    ReplyDelete